Monday, April 12, 2021

Te Kinga Bush Walk

 On Thursday last week the Te Kinga class climbed up Mt Te Kinga, we were going up to the 4th lookout point. We started the walk towards the mountain which was at least 5 minutes away. Finally after 5 minutes of walking we started our journey up the mountain. It was easy at first, because it wasn't as muddy and slippery at the bottom. It was a fun journey up until we got past the 1st lookout. After the 1st lookout, the ground was mostly mud that would take your shoes off you. I was wearing sneakers instead of hiking boots, so I had to leap onto tree roots, fallen branches and stuff to not get my sneakers dirty. Surprisingly I didn't get any mud on my shoes. When we got to the top we were greeted by a lovely view. When we got back down we grabbed our togs and went for a refreshing swim. While I was drying off I decided to be Super Zaine. People made fires on the beach for us to roast marshmallow. One person somehow got their marshmallow in the lake, but Solomon grabbed it and put it in the fire. Overall it was a good day.


Would you ever go on the Mt Te Kinga walk?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.

Te Kinga's Big Day Out.

 Yesterday Te Kinga had their "big day out" and it was a lot of fun (even though it was raining a little bit). Before we left for ...